* Check out the historic Strand district and explore the many and varied antique and specialty shops. www.thestrand.com or relish in the excitement of the Historic Pleasure Pier
* Enjoy a fun filled day of rides, games, and dining on the Historic Pleasure Pier
* Explore the Historic East via the Tree Sculpture Tour
* Go to Pier 21 to view the 1900 storm presentation and then explore the Elissa Tall Ship
* Visit Moody Gardens and experience a tropical rainforest, a planetarium and an aquarium all housed in impressive, gleaming pyramids.
* Tour the fabulous historic mansions.
* Splash your way through Schlitterbahn Water Park
* Enjoy the ambiance of the Grand Opera House or the ETC Theater
* View the impressive display of vintage aircraft at the Texas Aviation Museum
* Do the Beach thing .
* Charter a fishing boat.
* Golf at the Galveston Isle Municipal Golf Course.
* Take in the ocean view at any of the pier or seawall restaurants.
For adventure at the beach this summer, try a parasail flight over the Gulf of Mexico with Caribbean Breeze Parasailing. On this excursion, riders can soar up to 500 feet above the water, suspended from a boat by a parachute-like wing. In addition to the thrill of the 15-minute flight, riders will enjoy a bird’s eye view of the coast for a truly unique experience. The entire excursion lasts about an hour and cost $90 per person. You can also take home your very own GoPro video for an additional fee. For more information, see www.galvestonparasail.com.
Like a scene out of futuristic movie, flyboarding allows flyers to strap on a jet-pack device and hover up to 35 feet above Offatts Bayou. Extreme Water Sports has brought this fast-growing sport to the island and offers rides lasting from 20 to 60 minutes starting at $99. Each ride includes one-on-one training with a professional, certified instructor. For details, visit www.exremewatersportsgalveston.com.
Stand-Up Paddle Boarding
For a fun, relaxing way to be on the water and get some exercise, stand-up paddle boarding fits the bill. SUP Gulf Coast, operating at 29th and Seawall Boulevard, offers group and private lessons, vacation packages and paddle board rentals starting at $20 per hour or $50 per day. For a unique way to start the day, consider joining SUP for a sunrise paddle. For more information, visit www.supgulfcoasttx.com.
Artist Boat Kayak Adventure
Galveston’s Artist Boat offers kayak adventures on Galveston’s bays. The adventures are led by certified guides and can include an art lesson. These interpretive kayak tours on Galveston’s East End Lagoon and at the Galveston Island State Park give participants the opportunity to admire Galveston’s natural beauty and wildlife during a two- or four-hour tour. More information is available at www.artistboat.org.
Music at East Beach
There’s fun to be had out of the water, too. Galveston’s party beach, East Beach, gets even more festive during weekends throughout the summer. DJ concerts will take place on Saturdays and live music concerts will take place on Sundays from 3 p.m.to 6 p.m. now through Labor Day weekend. For details, visit www.galvestonbeachinfo.com.
ABOUT GALVESTON ISLAND
Galveston Island is a historic beach town located on the Gulf of Mexico just 50 miles from Houston. The island is best known as a vacation destination, offering 32 miles of beaches, a variety of family attractions, Texas’ premier cruise port and one of the largest and well-preserved concentrations of Victorian architecture in the country. The Galveston Island Convention & Visitors Bureau is a non-profit government agency and the official destination marketing organization for Galveston Island. For more information, visit www.galveston.com or call 1-888-GAL-ISLE.
* Do nothing at all!!!
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.